Indian Railways reservation status is known as PNR Status. Here, PNR abbreviation is ‘Passenger Name Record’. Indian railways maintain a PNR number record in their Indian Railways computer reservation system database. Indian Railways PNR status saves the journey details of single passenger or journey details of group passengers travelling together. Here, journey details means name of the passenger, age of passenger, gender of passenger, date of journey, train name, train number, journey time etc. Whenever, we check PNR status in official Indian Railways website or in any other website, then the result will state that the train ticket is confirmed (CNF) or waiting list (WL) or reservation against cancellation (RAC). And also gives the details of seat number, coach number, class of travel (1A, 2A, 3A, CC, SL etc), train number, train name, journey time, current status, chart status, booking status, train arrival time, train departure time and fare details.
After booking the train ticket and checking the PNR status, the next step is to travel in booked train. The travel in train for short route is easy and convenient to spend time. But for long distance, it will become bore. In that time to make our mind refresh and happy, the only solution is to chat with other in the coach. But after sometime it is also becomes bore. So, the only solution is to play games in our laptop or in our Smartphone. Playing unblocked games will definitely bring our face in to smile and happy. It is more fun to play unblocked games, so we have to play the unblocked games like Chess, Tetris, Hidden objects, Racing, Shooting etc. These unblocked games will definitely refresh our mind and easily spend our time during train journey.
In sometimes, when we check for current reservation status of train ticket, then it will show some error message. The reason for error message is due to that you have entered wrong PNR number or web servers might be down or you are checking the PNR status between 11:30 P.M to 12:30 P.M. In this time the Indian Railways servers are in maintenance. If PNR status is confirmed and you don’t have the ticket with you or you lose the train ticket, then you can travel in allotted train without train tickets. For this just approach the ticket collector (TC) and show your valid Id proof with submitting required details.
How to Check IRCTC PNR Status
In case of reserved train tickets, those are taken from railway station booking counter, then PNR number is generally printed at the top left corner of the printed tickets. In case of reserved train tickets, those are taken from online websites like IRCTC, Indian Railways, Amazon etc, then PNR number will be send through SMS and also through Email. Here in SMS or Email, the PNR number is highlighted.
Indian railways current reservation status is known as PNR Status. PNR number is a passenger name record number. Indian Railways PNR number is a 10 digit number. Generally, this 10 PNR number is separated by hyphen (-) symbol, so we have not to enter the hyphen (-) symbol in Indian Railways text box form, when we want to find the PNR Status. That means this hyphen (-) symbol is not required.
To check the current reservation status of your booked train ticket in Indian Railways or IRCTC or etc, just follow the below steps:
- First visit the official website of Indian Railways or IRCTC or any other related website.
- Enter the 10 digit PNR number in the search box. Remember that never enter the hyphen (-) symbol.
- Now click the ‘Get PNR Status’ button.
- After some time, you will get the PNR status on your screen.
- You can get the PNR status of your reservation train ticket as confirmed (CNF) or waiting list (WL) or reservation against cancellation (RAC).
This process is the most preferred way by passengers to find the current reservation PNR status of passengers PNR number. Here, we are showing some more website that you can use for enquire:
- Indian Railways – It is the official website to find PNR enquiry. This website is designed and maintained by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS). As we explained in the above, it is doing great job in helping Indian and foreign rail travelers to find the current reservation status of their booked train tickets in Indian Railways. In this website, you can also check train running status, seat availability, station codes, train coach position, catering services etc.
- IRCTC – It is the official partner website of Indian Railways. IRCTC abbreviation is Indian Railway catering and Tourism Corporation. The main aim of this website is to book the train tickets. If any person booked the train tickets in IRCTC, then just login to the website and click on ‘Booked Ticket History’. After that you have to select the E-Ticket category and then click on the ‘Get PNR Status’ button to get the current reservation status.
- Related websites of Apps – Recently many websites and mobile Apps have developed to find the PNR enquiry of your reserved train ticket. Specially, mobile apps are available in play stores as in the form of Android, IOS and windows phone. Here, simply enter the PNR number and find your current reservation status.
Another different way to find the PNR status is using SMS service. Indian Railways has introduced SMS service to make customer satisfaction. This SMS service is more useful, when there is no access to internet connection. The different ways to SMS service are given below:
- 139 SMS/Phone – Just send SMS to 139 in the format PNR <Your PNR number> to find PNR enquiry. For example PNR 5678912454. You can call to 139 to find check the current reservation status of your train ticket.
- 5676747 SMS/Phone – Just send SMS to 5676747 in the format PNR <Your PNR number> to find PNR enquiry. For example PNR 6478543284. This service is maintained by railzone. You can also call to 5676747 to check the current status of your train ticket.
- The SMS service charges are applicable according to operators. This service is available in Airtel, BSNL, Jio, Vodafone, idea etc.
- Using 139 SMS service, you can find more services. Those services are Train running status, Seat availability, Security related issues, cleaning of coaches, Medical emergency services and etc.
- At last you can find the current status of your train ticket at railway station counters. The counter person will help you to find the status.
PNR Status Confirmation of Train Ticket
When you enter the PNR number in the PNR checking form, then you will get the current reservation status of your Indian Railways train ticket. The booked status will be CNF, WL, RAC, GNWL, RLWL, PQWL and TQWL. The abbreviations of these statuses are given below. This will help you to know the current status and helps your journey with more comfortable.
- CNF – Confirmed
- WL – Waiting List
- Confirmed + RAC
- RAC – Reservation Against Cancellation
- RAC + WL
- GNWL – General Waiting List
- RLWL – Remote Location Waiting List
- PQWL – Pooled Quota Waiting List
- TQWL – Tatkal Waiting List
How is a PNR Number Generated?
Actually PNR number means Passenger Name Record Number. It is a record and stored in a database. The Centre of Railways Information Systems (CRIS) runs PNR number database. In this PNR number database, all the information of passengers is stored like name, age, date of journey etc. This system creates 10 digit unique PNR number. Whenever a person book the train ticket in railway station counter or online or any platform, then a new PNR number will be generated. The PNR number becomes invalid after the competition of train journey.
The first 3 digits of PNR number specify the Passenger Reservation System (PRS). These first 3 numbers indicates the ticket booking place. Here, the first digit of PNR number zone of the train. That means starting station of the booked train ticket. In the below list, you will get the complete list numbers that belonging to different zones. The list is:
- 1 – This number is issued for Secunderabad PRS. It is a SCR zone.
- 2, 3 – This numbers are issued for New Delhi PRS. It is a NR, NWR, NCR and NER zones.
- 4, 5 – This numbers are issued for Chennai PRS. It is a SR, SCR and SWR zones.
- 6, 7 – This numbers are issued for Kolkata PRS. It is a NFR, ER, SER, ECOR, ECR and SECR zones.
- 8, 9 – This numbers are issued for Mumbai PRS. It is a WR, CR and WCR zones.
The remaining last 7 digits are generated randomly. Due to these last 7 digits, the PNR number will becomes unique number. The abbreviations of these Indian Railways zones are given below:
- SCR Zone – South Central Railways zone.
- NR Zone – Northern Railways zone.
- NWR zone – Northern Western Railways zone.
- NCR zone – Northern Central Railways zone.
- NER zone – Northern eastern Railways zone.
- SR zone – South Railways zone.
- SCR zone – South Central Railways zone.
- SWR zone – South Western Railways zone.
- NFR zone – Northeast Frontier Railways zone.
- ER zone – Eastern Railways zone.
- SER zone – South Eastern Railways zone.
- ECOR – East Coast Railways zone.
- ECR – East Central Railways zone.
- SECR – South East Central Railways zone.
- WR zone – Western Railways zone.
- CR zone – Central Railways zone.
- WCR zone – West Central Railways zone.
PNR Status Prediction
IRCTC PNR status prediction helps you to decide better train for your journey. IRCTC will show the probability of confirmation of train tickets. With this PNR prediction feature, you can easily predict the confirmation probability of the train tickets. It will help you confirmation choice of train tickets, so you can book the train tickets at any date easily.
When you enter the source stations, destination station, date of journey and class of travel then IRCTC will show you a list of trains with probability percentage of confirmation. By look the higher side of probability percentage choice, you can clearly book the train tickets. After that, you can check the PNR status of your reservation train ticket.
In the below, you will get the details of various Indian Railways trains, that IRCTC will give a PNR number or not.
- Passenger Trains – IRCTC will not generate PNR number for passenger trains. Generally, these trains runs in short distance in India.
- Express and Super Fast Express Trains – IRCTC will generate PNR number for these trains. Generally, these trains run long distance in India.
- Metro Trains – IRCTC will not generate PNR number for Metro trains. Generally, these trains runs in several metro cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad etc.
- Rajdhani Express – IRCTC will generate PNR number for Rajdhani Express trains. Generally, Rajdhani express trains runs in major cities in India. It is fully air conditioned trains. It is fast and has less number of stops.
- Duronto Express Trains – IRCTC will generate PNR number for Duronto express trains and you can check PNR status for this train. There is no stop between source stations and destination station in Duronto express trains.
- Garib Rath Trains – IRCTC will generate PNR number for Garib Rath trains. Live PNR status can be checked for Garib Rath trains. It is a AC 3 Tier coaches trains.
- Shatabdi Express Trains – IRCTC will generate PNR number for Shatabdi express trains. It is a high speed train and not contains any sleeper coaches. It is also full air conditioned trains. You can check PNR enquiry for this train.
- Janshatabdi Express Trains – IRCTC will generate PNR number for Janshatabdi express trains. It is high speed train and not contains any sleeper coaches. It has both air conditioned and non air conditioned coaches. You can check PNR enquiry for this train.
- Suburban Local Trains – PNR number cannot be generated in Suburban local trains. These are fast local trains. In suburban local trains, seat reservation is not possible.
PNR Status of your Indian Railways reserved ticket at IRCTC will give you accurate results. It is easy and convenient to find the status of your reserved train ticket at Indian Railways. Sometimes ticket will not get confirmed and it will show the waitlist result. In that case, you have to wait for final chart. This final chart will be prepared before 2 hours of train departure time from source station. Before the final chart the waitlist tickets will be confirmed. After the final chart, still your reservation ticket result is in waitlist, then the booking ticket is not confirmed. In that case, you have to talk with TC for any vacant seat in your booked train. We wish you a happy journey.